Monday, August 27, 2012

I'm Puzzled!

I really have to stop with these awful puns, I know. But unfortunately posts have to be titled and titles have never been my forté. So lets continue on to something I think I'm a little better at...nails!


I start work again this week, and this look was a favorite of my kindergarteners last year. I got lots of "ooooh's" and "aaaaah's" over it from them, but I got plenty of compliments from grownups on it too!

To create this look, I started with one coat of CND Stickey base coat.
The deeper blue base color is two coats of Catrice Cosmetics Blue Cara Ciao (what a mouthful!), a versatile blue creme.

Catrice Cosmetics Blue Cara Ciao

I stamped the puzzle pattern using baby blue Konad Special Polish.

I finished with one coat of Seche Vite top coat.

I really like how the baby blue stamped pattern complement the deeper blue of the base polish. It's a good example of how complementary colors can sometimes be used for stamping and still have a "pop"; you don't always need sharp contrast to make your look stand out.



Thanks for visiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment