Thursday, September 6, 2012

Snakeskin print stamped nails

I admittedly thought about a few potential puns for this one, but I'll spare you the gory details. I did, however, include stamping plate info with this post (including pics!), since it was asked on the Polishly Instagram and I'd been wanting to add it for a while.

As for the nails...this is a great look to try if you're new to nail stamping. As long as you have the basic technique down (I'm working on a tutorial video), it doesn't matter if you're really exact with where you place the stamp on your nail. Since snake prints tend to be pretty random in nature, I think it actually looks a lot better in this case if it's not too perfect.


See what I mean? 


The variation in the patterns and how they're placed?


To create this look, I started with a coat of CND Stickey Base Coat.

I then applied two coats of Essence Cosmetics Colour & Go "Wanna Say Hello", a dark brown creme.

I then stamped on the snakeskin pattern with a generic gold stamping polish.

I finished with a coat of Seche Vite topcoat.

Now, for the stamping plates...

They're available from MagnoNails.de or Amazon. Cheeky apparently manufactures them, although there's no name imprinted on the plate. If you search "XL Stamping Plate" on Amazon, you'll see the ones I've used for this and other full nail stamps.

Don't mind the reflection from my lamp ;-)
This one is plate "D".


I used a combination of these three patterns on my nails.

As you can see, the edges are curved, which is great if you want to just stamp a pattern on your nail tips, but you can also cover a full nail more easily than with Konad full nail patterns.


Above is a closeup of XL Stamping plate B (recognize the pattern from the Meghan Draper Mani?) next to Konad plate M83. You can see it covers a lot more of the nail, which is great for me, since the Konad plates usually don't cover my thumbnail, and my hands and nails aren't very big at all.

I also used a pattern from plate B for the Medici Manicure.

I hope this is helpful info in case any of you would like to recreate these looks at home on your own.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment