Thursday, December 13, 2012

Glitter haul and swatches!

This is my first "haul" post, and it was sort of unplanned. Funny how things happen sometimes.

A few weeks ago I got a mini bottle of ANNY Timeless Love, a blue glitter that I thought would make a good topcoat. Today I decided to try it out. So I applied two coats of a light base color, then started to apply Timeless Love...and it's NOT a topcoat.

It was even better!



Timeless Love has silver and aqua hexagonal and micro glitter particles in a blue jelly base. What makes it so special though, is that it applies much more easily than most glitter polishes. Even though the bottle is packed with glitter, and is thicker than a standard polish, it's not goopy. The jelly base is also highly pigmented so that the two coats I used here have good opacity. I also really like that I didn't keep having to "fish" for glitter particles. 


Since yesterday was the first sunny day in a while, I took a photo of Timeless Love in direct sunlight.

I remembered seeing a few other similar polishes from ANNY when I bought Timeless
Love, and after I checked on the ANNY website I saw they're a limited edition. I was about to head out the door to run some errands, and one of them was by the shop where I bought the first bottle so...

I bought the other five in the collection. And I had a blast swatching them!


A few important details before I talk about the other swatches: unless otherwise indicated, for all swatches I used a coat of CND Stickey Base Coat, two coats of ANNY polish and one coat of Seche Vite topcoat. These only come in the 6 ml/.20 fl. ounce mini size. By way of comparison, ANNY standard-size polishes are 15 ml/.50 fl. ounce.

The next swatches are Message in a Bottle. This smoky deep purple jelly is packed with silver and purple microglitter. 



These swatches are of Follow Me, a sheer pink jelly base with pink and silver hexagonal and micro glitters. 




I liked the coverage two coats gave, although I'd like to also try it as a single coat topcoat over another base color.


The next swatch is Dream Team, a sheer base densely packed with silver microglitter.


I think I know what I'm wearing on my nails for New Year's! There is some serious sparkle in this bottle.


These swatches coming up are Starlight, a sheer white jelly base with white holo hexagonal and micro glitters. This one I'm guessing would be much better as a topcoat but I swatched it on its own, using three coats.




The final swatches are Out Of Space, a wild fuschia jelly packed with silver, red and fuschia micro glitter.


This one will be great for a few upcoming holiday parties and when Fasching (Carnaval/Mardi Gras in Germany) comes around in February. I hope the bottle lasts into spring!


So if I had to pick favorites, they'd be Timeless Love, Message in a Bottle, Dream Team and Out of Space. My least favorites were Follow Me and Starlight, but I still think I'll get some great use out of them as topcoats.

I really liked how Out of Space, Dream Team and Message in a Bottle (the micro glitter polishes) applied almost like standard polishes. As packed with glitter as they are, no goopiness and very smooth application.

Hope you enjoyed the swatches. Thanks for visiting!




















No comments:

Post a Comment